The discovery of High Modulus Polyethylene (HMP) is an exciting and remarkable story which is told through the short presentation given below.
Publications relevant to High Modulus Polyethylene (HMP)
- M.R.Mackley. Shish Kebabs: An experimental preparation. Colloid and Polymer. Sci. 253, 261-263 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley. Shish Kebabs: Hydrodynamic factors affecting their crystal growth. Colloid and Polymer. Sci. 253, 373-379 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley and A. Keller.
Flow induced polymer chain extension and its relationship to fibrous crystallization. Part 1 , Part 2 Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. (Lond.) 278, 29-66 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley, F.C. Frank and A. Keller.
Flow induced crystallization of polyethylene melts. Journal of Materials Science. 10, 1501-1509 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley and G.S. Sapsford.
Techniques of preparing high strength high stiffness polyethylene fibres by solution processing.
- Developments in oriented polymers, Ed. I.M. Ward, 201-224 (1982).
- M.R.Mackley and S. Solbai. Swell drawing; a new process for manufacturing high performance polyethylene. Polymer. 28, 1115-1120 (1987).
- M.R.Mackley and S. Solbai. Die free spinning; a new process for manufacturing high performance polyethylene. Polymer. 28, 1111-1114 (1987).
- C.A.Anton, M.R. Mackley and S. Solbai. Extrusion process of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene.Polymer Bulletin. 17, 175-179 (1987).
P.Gao, M.R. Mackley and T.M. Nicholson. Development of anisotropy in ultra high molecular weight polyethylene Polymer. 31, 237-242 (1990).
- M.R.Mackley. Polyethylene processing to produce ultimate properties.
Contribution for Encyclopedia of Material Science and Engineering.
Ed. R.W. Cahn, Pergamon Press, 1186-1191 (1990).
- M.R.Mackley. Polymer fluids. Sir Charles Frank Festschrift; Ed. R.G. Chambers et al. Polymer Fluids. Adam Hilger, 307-321 (1991).
- P.Gao and M.R. Mackley. The effect of presolvent loading on the ultimate drawability of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene. Polymer. 32, 17, 3136-3139 (1991).