High Modulus Polyethylene
The discovery of High Modulus Polyethylene (HMP) is an exciting and remarkable story which is told through the short presentation given below.
Publications relevant to High Modulus Polyethylene (HMP)
- M.R.Mackley. Shish Kebabs: An experimental preparation. Colloid and Polymer. Sci. 253, 261-263 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley. Shish Kebabs: Hydrodynamic factors affecting their crystal growth. Colloid and Polymer. Sci. 253, 373-379 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley and A. Keller.
Flow induced polymer chain extension and its relationship to fibrous crystallization. Part 1 , Part 2 Phil. Trans. Royal Soc. (Lond.) 278, 29-66 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley, F.C. Frank and A. Keller.
Flow induced crystallization of polyethylene melts. Journal of Materials Science. 10, 1501-1509 (1975).
- M.R.Mackley and G.S. Sapsford.
Techniques of preparing high strength high stiffness polyethylene fibres by solution processing.
- Developments in oriented polymers, Ed. I.M. Ward, 201-224 (1982).
- M.R.Mackley and S. Solbai. Swell drawing; a new process for manufacturing high performance polyethylene. Polymer. 28, 1115-1120 (1987).
- M.R.Mackley and S. Solbai. Die free spinning; a new process for manufacturing high performance polyethylene. Polymer. 28, 1111-1114 (1987).
- C.A.Anton, M.R. Mackley and S. Solbai. Extrusion process of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene.Polymer Bulletin. 17, 175-179 (1987).
P.Gao, M.R. Mackley and T.M. Nicholson. Development of anisotropy in ultra high molecular weight polyethylene Polymer. 31, 237-242 (1990).
- M.R.Mackley. Polyethylene processing to produce ultimate properties.
Contribution for Encyclopedia of Material Science and Engineering.
Ed. R.W. Cahn, Pergamon Press, 1186-1191 (1990).
- M.R.Mackley. Polymer fluids. Sir Charles Frank Festschrift; Ed. R.G. Chambers et al. Polymer Fluids. Adam Hilger, 307-321 (1991).
- P.Gao and M.R. Mackley. The effect of presolvent loading on the ultimate drawability of ultra high molecular weight polyethylene. Polymer. 32, 17, 3136-3139 (1991).