Something to say
Science and engineering provide a platform for logical deduction and in some circumstances can help the understanding of the very complex world that we now live in. This section of the web site contains a mixture of themes that have at various stages in my academic life and retirement exercised my mind sufficiently to put “pen to paper”. The section starts with a short pdf on the scientific and creative mind.
The following parts of this web site section includes a route to being a successful academic, photographs which deserve to be thought of as artistic, movies clips that also have an artistic twist and a fiction “High Tension”, adventure novel within the university world of scientific discovery and big business.
- Academic success-2013 A short article on how to succeed as a young academic.
- Photographs. Most of the photographs involve fluid flow although there are also some on polymer crystallisation.
- Movie clips Again most of the selected movies involve flow.
- European Union 2016 A short article on the 2016 UK EU Referendum vote
- Plastic sustainability, This includes a 2016 presentation Plastic is fantastic. on some of the Good, Bad and Ugly aspects of plastics, followed by a recent presentation on The Beauty and Nightmare of Plastics.
- Engineering a Sustainable Framework. A short article written in 2018 on formulating a strategy for establishing a contemporary code of practice for engineers scientists and others.
- A fiction novel written in the 1990s about scientific discovery and big business. High Tension-pdf